Help ease pressure on local health services
The CCG is urging members of the public to only use health services if they really need to and manage minor conditions such as a cough or cold at home. Health services are under significant pressure both in hospital and in the community.
There is also an outbreak of diarrhoea and vomiting (norovirus), in the hospital and community. This means there are restrictions in place for visiting patients at the Princess Royal University Hospital in Orpington. The latest information is available on the hospital website here.
If you have diarrhoea, please stay at home and please do not visit health services unless it is absolutely necessary. Most cases of diarrhoea will pass in a few days. Please drink plenty of fluids to avoid becoming dehydrated. Visit NHS Choices for more advice on treating your symptoms.
Please help us to reduce the spread of norovirus and:
- Avoid attending A&E if possible, unless the symptoms are severe or patients have complicating factors.
- Avoid food preparation (especially for others) if possible until 48 hours after symptoms have stopped.
- Do not visit people in hospital or in care homes until they have been symptom free for at least 48 hours.
- Stay off work whilst unwell and for 48 hours after symptoms have resolved.
- Parents are advised to keep affected children away from school, nursery, playgroup or child-minding services whilst they are unwell, and for 48 hours after the child has recovered.