Help name your new health centre
It's time to name the new health centre for Dulwich and south Southwark.
We're asking NHS staff who will be based in the building, patients and local residents of south Southwark to help choose a name - one which fully reflects the purpose of the new NHS building and its important role in the local community, both now and in the future.
The naming process is following a two-stage format:
Stage 1: NHS staff, patients and residents are invited to suggest a name to be considered by a judging panel and scored according to our naming criteria. This stage opened on 20 June and closed on 15 July.
Stage 2: The judging panel will choose the four most suitable names and these will be put to a public vote later this year, with local people asked to pick their favourite.
Please note that entries for stage 1 have now closed.
We are currently reviewing all suggestions and will update this page shortly with the results and the next steps.
We want you to be creative, but please bear in mind that the name must be suitable for an NHS health centre. To help, we ask that suggestions are:
- Short – no longer than 25 letters – this is the maximum amount that can fit on the building and includes words like ‘health centre’
- Clear – easy to use, spell and remember
- Distinct – it must not be the same as or similar to existing building or street names
- Appropriate – for an NHS health centre and to all ages, genders, community groups
- Representative – of Dulwich and south Southwark - i.e. showing a connection to our community, location and history
- Long-lasting – the name should be as relevant and recognisable in 25 years as it is today
It must also be approved by Southwark Council and London Fire Brigade, and ratified by NHS Southwark CCG.
Members of NHS staff (clinical and non-clinical) to be based at the new health centre are invited to suggest names.
These services include:
|Blood testing||Dulwich Hospital|
|Children's community clinics||Townley Road/ Dulwich Hospital|
|GP surgery||Melbourne Grove and Hambleden sites|
|Long term conditions community clinics||Townley Road/ Dulwich Hospital|
|Mental health therapies||Maudsley Hospital|
|Physiotherapy ||Dulwich Hospital|
|Kidney Dialysis||Dulwich Hospital|